Are you looking for ways to expand your fitness education?
Are you thinking about teaching fitness classes or personal training?
Are you looking to stock up on exercise equipment and get good deals on some workout gear and products?
Atlanta Mania or one of it’s sister conventions in a city near you might be right for you! It’s a one stop shop and truly My Fitness Pal 😉
It’s Act-Fit Friday and today we are talking Conventions and Fitness…2 of my favorite things!
This weekend comes with opportunities for Continuing Education Credits, Certifications, and connections/friendships that can last you a fitness lifetime.
Last year, I did my Tabata Bootcamp Instructor Training there during the pre-convention.
They offer cool things before hand (Pre-convention) like;
- Barre Above Certification
- Zumba Basic Level 1 Certification
- SCW Group Exercise Fundamentals Certification
- YougaFit Youga Lean Certification
- SCW Weight Management Specialty Certification
- Flirty Girl Fitness: The Flirtification
Which one of the bolded do you think I should do?
Barre Above – introduces a basic Barre format without the use of the actual ballet bar.
Flirty Girl Fitness Booty Beat program is easy to learn cardio dance that reminds you of MTV and VH1.
I don’t like dancing that much, but in order to stay competitive as an instructor, Flirty girl might be a nice & timely move right now. It would also help me get more comfortable for something I have in the works 😉
There will be AMAZING sponsors on hand so lots of opportunities there. My favorite Les Mills will be in the place as usual 🙂 !
After the pre-convention, there are loads of courses you can take over the next few days. Remember Monday’s post 30 Idea for Blog Posts When Your Mind Has Drawn A Blank…
Well, these sessions are like a Fitness bloggers dream! You will learn so much that you can apply to your individual workouts, your students, or fitness career. All of it resulting in content for your blog!
Courses that are of particular interest to me;
- Are you leading people or managing systems
- Creating a customer focused member retention program that works
- R.I.P.P.E.D. – The One Stop Body Shock
- The Business of Being a Group Fitness Instructor
- Les Mills Grit – Cardio (YOU KNOW I WANT TO TRY THIS )
- Shakeology – Supplmental Income Through Revolutionary Nutrition
The EXPO will be jam packed with clothing, DVDs, music, equipment, and more! I love vendors!
This is one of the reasons, I didn’t join Nellie and Kim for Fitbloggin in Portland last month, because I knew this was right around the corner next weekend and literally right around the corner in Atlanta 🙂 !
I won’t make as many blogger connections by attending, but at least I would get some more fitness knowledge and I am always up for learning!
But wait, I’m so last minute, I haven’t even decided for sure if I’m going. This is the same thing I did with Fitbloggin, back and forth! I’d much rather go to Charlotte next Satuday to see Beyonce since I missed her in Atlanta due to the Centennial…*sighs*
All in DC, I saw Instagrams about Bey in Atl.
Then Britton went and pulled the final straw this week and did an entire post about her outfit preparation for the Mrs Carter Show next weekend!!!
Does anyone have a ticket for sale???
Anywho, I could do both so if you know someone with a ticket, holla at me. Most defenetly, I’ll probably attend pre-convention and get a certification.
There’s still another fitness meetup I want to attend next month! More on that later.
There are so many more certifications and courses that I didn’t mention, you can check them out here. I am not an affiliate, I just thought I’d share this with you. Maybe you can check it out when it comes to your area.
Enjoy your weekend!
Rx Fitness Lady wants to know…
- DO YOU HAVE A BEYONCE TICKET FOR ME IN CHARLOTTE?
- Which certification do you think I should go for?
- What was your best workout so far this week?
- Care to share your Shakelology experience with me?
Rx Fitness Lady
Latest posts by Rx Fitness Lady (see all)
- Learn to Say No and Stick With It - March 15, 2017
- BODYCOMBAT 70 Starts a New Age in the Les Mills Mixed Martial Arts Inspired Program - March 1, 2017
- How to Treat Side Bae: At Home Work Out Tips - February 15, 2017