This time of year people like to make excuses for eating a lot! I say, it’s the perfect time to try something new!
For Act-Fit Friday, I’m giving you some reasons why I LOVE Les Mills BODYCOMBAT! Hopefully, you will consider giving it a try or another form of MMA workouts, kickboxing, or home dvds in this area.
“BODYCOMBAT™ is the empowering group fitness cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by mixed martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai.”
When I started this post, I looked at the website and their list of benefits were pretty much what I was trying to communicate so I’m sharing that information with you verbatim.
Benefits (Straight from the website)
- Gets you fighting fit and looking ripped
- Improves heart and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Tones and shapes key muscle groups
- Maximizes calorie burn during and after your workout
- Develops co-ordination and agility of a mized martial arts warrior
- Teaches you the moves of an elite martial arts expert
- Improves bone density
- Improves posture, core strength and stability
- Builds self-confidence, strength and power
- Keep pushing your limits with quarterly new releases
All of these are why I love BODYCOMBAT. In addition
- It’s extremely euphoric
- You are in the hands of 2 awesome program directors
- You get to scream out KIAHs and release any tension from the day (even the kids have a little tension 😉 )
- You get to fight with no consequences
- You burn over 700 calories in 55 minutes
Yours in Healthy, Active, & Prosperous Lifestyles,
Rx Fitness Lady wants to know…
- What do you think about MMA style workouts?
- What was your best workout this week?
- What are you doing to keep the extra Holiday pounds off this season?
Rx Fitness Lady
Latest posts by Rx Fitness Lady (see all)
- My Allergies Are Bothering Me, Now What? - March 29, 2017
- Learn to Say No and Stick With It - March 15, 2017
- BODYCOMBAT 70 Starts a New Age in the Les Mills Mixed Martial Arts Inspired Program - March 1, 2017