It’s DAY 6 of my first blog event: the 7 Day Mini Blog Challenge Party! Today’s topic for bloggers participating is “What’s the 1 Thing You Wish You Had Known before Publishing Your Blog (Optional Tutorial) or Your Favorite Social Network and Why/Tips”. I chose the first topic.
In case you’ve been off in la la land all week, then let’s recap!
First & foremost…
ENTER My GIVEAWAY for $100 by reading Dear Readers of Rx Fitness Lady
The Attain & Maintain – Healthy Weight Loss Principles for Life Campaign will be kicking off in June
I ranted about why Responsible Pharmacists Recycle
I made my first video with a June Promo for PFL
Yesterday, I finally had my SITS Feature DAY! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR COMING BY AND SHOWING LOVE!!!
This subject was hard to choose for me. I thought about talking about Facebook, attending link parties, the value of a blog mentor, and blog sponsor programs.
However, when I was planning away for Rx Fitness Lady I never came across any post on time management in blogging. If anyone out there in PFL is reading this and wants to start a blog here’s one piece of advice for you!
NOBODY TOLD ME
How much time it would take to form relationships with other bloggers. Building these relationships are important primarily because you can count on your blog friends to respond to your posts. Even though, we know people are viewing our blogs, we rely on feedback for motivation to keep going. It’s also a discussion board, so we love having people to talk to. Now, that is the selfish reason! Undoubtedly, you will begin to have real feelings of friendship for your blog friends as you read their blogs and chat with them on social networks. It’s a beautiful thing, I tell you….ok, off that mushy box 🙂 !
How to get these people over to your blog is a whole other post. I touched a little bit on it in 24 Reasons You Don’t Have Comments on Your Blog. Today, my sole focus is on time management. If you don’t have time to engage other blogs, you probably shouldn’t publish a personal blog with hopes of getting responses from the blog community.
THE ONE THING I WOULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY
Is to make the friends before I hit publish!
I would have set up my nice little pretty gravatar, made a list of bloggers I wanted to be friends with, commented my butt off on their blogs & engaged them across social media platforms while I didn’t have to worry about my own blog, and made them love me, lol 🙂 !
- Wake up 30 minutes earlier and/or stay up 30 minutes later to read and comment on blogs, chat on social media, & schedule post for the day
- Set everything up to post automatic to social networks from the beginning (Yes Facebook buries third party post) but at least it’s out there. You can remember to share it again later
- Before you ever publish your first post, draft like 30 post completely that ARE NOT time sensitive for when you are in a tough spot and don’t have time to write a post (I did like 10 and they are LONG GONE, lol)
Examples of types of posts that aren’t time sensitive, just to make sure that was clear…
Got that! Not My Mother Took My BODYCOMBAT Class, ya know…cause that just happened.
That’s all I have for a Saturday!
Oh did you peep how I just gave you stuff to read in case you’re bored today or a new reader 🙂 !!!
Cheers to blogging!
- How do you manage your time blogging?
- If you are interested in starting a blog, what questions do you have?
***BLOGGERS PARTICIPATING IN THIS MINI BLOG CHALLENGE PARTY – Leave your links in the link up below, choose a pretty picture for your thumbnail, and please remember to HOP AROUND THIS WEEK (at least 1 new connection a day) to show some love to other bloggers & make new friends!***
Don’t forget to hashtag #MBC when you leave a comment so the blogger knows you are participating in this Mini Blog Challenge & they will visit you back!
Rx Fitness Lady
Latest posts by Rx Fitness Lady (see all)
- Learn to Say No and Stick With It - March 15, 2017
- BODYCOMBAT 70 Starts a New Age in the Les Mills Mixed Martial Arts Inspired Program - March 1, 2017
- How to Treat Side Bae: At Home Work Out Tips - February 15, 2017