Hey Hey! We are here with some fitness inspiration on a Wednesday. A portion of this post originally appeared on Brooklyn Active Mama as my very first guest post. I shared with you Why I Joined the Les Mills Instructor Tribe a few weeks ago. Now I am sharing a few specifics on why you should give the popular original barbell weight class BODYPUMP a shot!
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD TRY LES MILLS BODYPUMP
- You BURN CALORIES!
- I’ve learned to appreciate a DIVERSE SELECTION OF MUSIC. When I was growing up, I only listened to gospel, rap, and R&B. Now I bob my head to everything in just about every store I go in because I recognize music for the masses.
The Pharmacist in me has to share the health benefit for ladies and their future. It decreases the risk of OSTEOPOROSIS (condition in which a decrease in the density of bones weakens the bones and can lead to fractures)! Sorry a little bit of medical gibberish here
- Laymen’s terms: – You have STRONG BONES!
- You get more TONED not Bulky.
- You get STRONGER.
- You get cardio benefits as well as the class is a full hour = BETTER ENDURANCE.
- INCREASED METABOLISM a major positive seeing as how women’s metabolism begins to decrease at age 20 by 2% each decade.
- Better POSTURE!
- ANYONE can do it at his or her own pace and weight selection.
- My favorite; It’s a GROUP EFFORT! Weights can be challenging and it’s motivating to do them with others while having an instructor guide you in safety and effective target ranges. Besides, who wants to finagle with the machines out on the floor?
Rx Fitness Lady wants to know…
- Have you tried a barbell weight class? How often do you lift weights?
- How often do you change up your fitness routine?
Rx Fitness Lady
Latest posts by Rx Fitness Lady (see all)
- 3 Ways To Use A Challenge To Develop Your Fitness & Health Journey - August 24, 2016
- Black Women: There’s NO Room for Hair Shaming in Fitness - August 17, 2016
- Should I Attend a Les Mills AIM training: BODYCOMBAT 68 Review - August 10, 2016