YES!!!! For my last post during Black History Month, I wanted to share a day in the Valley through photos. Rx Fitness Lady has a prosperity portion in the theme and the foundation for much of that prosperity for me was begun at THE Fort Valley State University. Historically Black Colleges & Universities are still vital and necessary organizations and I wanted to show my love and respect for the institution that prepared me for pharmacy school & provided so many opportunities along the way. A lot of people will try to persuade you to get your higher level education from anything but a HBCU. I’m here to tell you that it was the best decision that I ever made & I highly recommend any interested parties to go & share in what I know will be great memories and a great education.
This past weekend I was afforded the opportunity to be the speaker at our Wildcat Basketball Reunion/Fundraiser Luncheon where we played our biggest Rivals (Albany State University) later that evening. This is what a day back in the Valley looked like for me…
This is the point where we switch to photos from my iPad and Android 🙂 .
A beautiful day at my alma mater and a successful victory over our rivals. Everyday is not full of fun and games. There is serious learning going on from day to day on the campus of FVSU. I hope that if the institution offers the areas of your or your children’s interest, that you will look into attendance there or any HBCU.
Rx Fitness Lady wants to know…
- If you’re a college graduate, do you give back financially to your institution, Why or Why not?
- What reservations do you have about HBCUs if any at all?
- How involved are you currently with the activities (games, career days, etc.) of your alma maters (college or high school)?
Rx Fitness Lady
Latest posts by Rx Fitness Lady (see all)
- Learn to Say No and Stick With It - March 15, 2017
- BODYCOMBAT 70 Starts a New Age in the Les Mills Mixed Martial Arts Inspired Program - March 1, 2017
- How to Treat Side Bae: At Home Work Out Tips - February 15, 2017