I work 72 hours in a week and then I’m off for a week. I love my schedule but in those 72 hours, my patients can sometimes make it really hard on a Sistah! Do you ever wonder if the Pharmacist is taking longer than necessary to fill your prescription *giggles*, I’d never do that! Really, someone might make you wait for the reasons below. I thought I’d let you get to know me a little bit better by showing you my reality. There are no Pharmacists reality TV shows, so here you are…Part 1 anyway, I’m sure I’ll think of more!
10 Things that make me go ugh, umm huh, *roll eyes*, *shrugs* etc.
- Let’s start with this; I do not care what they do at the competitor pharmacies, and even better, I have no clue how much their meds cost &/or why they are cheaper than ours. I also don’t know what patients think this will get them “Well that other Pharmacist always does it for me”
- The customer that calls or walks up and demands to speak to only the pharmacist and only wants a refill, to see if their prescription is ready, or to know how much it cost.
- People that pull to the DRIVE-THRU and when I ask may I help you over the phone, they respond with “yes, I hear you but I don’t see you”…I’m wondering do they say this when they place orders at Chick-fil-A
- The customer that ask me if we are open 24 hours and when I respond yes, they say “You mean you don’t close at all, you stay open ALLLLL night”
- The meth heads that come to buy Sudafed with their
Academy Award winningperformances that goes something like this: *fake sniffle sniffle* boy this is the best stuff for allergies, have you tried this before *fake sniffle sniffle*…. Why do you need my I.D. to buy this? *Fake sniffle sniffle* (duh it’s the law & they know this because they come buy it from all the pharmacies EVERY DAY)…they proceed to read the prompter that is asking them have they purchased it anywhere else, then just keep going on and on about the crazies make it hard for everybody…. let me put a pause because I can go on and on about these merks!
- People that walk up coughing all over the place not covering their mouths!
- This one really annoys me! If I come to the drive thru and the passenger is doing all the talking it’s really hard for me to hear the passenger. Even though I keep saying “Excuse me, can you speak up”, the idiot driver just keeps looking back and forth between me and the passenger like a bobble head until I finally just ask
himoops them, Lol to tell me what SHE is saying.
- When I say Hi, may I help you? Your response is incomplete when you say yeah I need to pick my prescription up. I’m not a mind reader. Your name would be helpful to complete the transaction.
- Addicts that come at 2 a.m. to purchase needles for their “Grandma” who desperately needs her insulin all of a sudden. I guess I’m supposed to ignore the tracks on their arms.
- Last but certainly not least, spitting on your finger to separate your prescription from the paperwork from the hospital and thinking it’s perfectly fine to hand it to me is just straight nasty.
Unfortunately, if I can’t turn them away, there is nothing I can say to these people so I decided to blog about it. Hopefully you can’t slowly raise your hand as a guilty party to any of these. If so, consider yourself warned for a longer wait time:)
Rx Fitness Lady wants to know?
Which one of these makes any sense to you?
Rx Fitness Lady
Latest posts by Rx Fitness Lady (see all)
- A Review of Les Mills BODYCOMBAT 62: Let The Beat Go - February 16, 2015
- How To Host An Annual Book Club Retreat - February 9, 2015
- 5 Easy Ways to Remember Your Group Fitness Member’s Names - February 2, 2015