I know this is the time of year that everyone makes New Year’s Resolutions and that is why I posted about Vision Boards a few post ago. However, I set my annual goals for my birthday, which happens to be in the middle of the year. It works better for me to focus my annual goals with the age factor. With that said, I wish you the most success on your resolutions for 2013. I do want to pause to reflect on a few lessons learned in 2012.
In no particular order of importance…
- I don’t need caffeine (DR. PEPPER) to get my
daynight started. Water sending me to the restroom every 30 minutes keeps me just as alert.
- Be willing to try something new. I was very apprehensive about not wearing my hair. I tried this new do for fitness maintenance purposes and it has been the best decision I could have ever made.
- I should never skip a fellowship opportunity because it’s inconvenient for me or I’m too busy doing selfish activities.
- Failure is an opportunity to strengthen your resilience, don’t let it get you down, just figure out how to do better the next time.
- I should eliminate things/people in my life that I am just tolerating, like a friendship without compromise and junkie paperwork for projects I’m not working on any longer.
- My prayer box is not just for my friends and family, it works for people who don’t have your best interest at heart as well.
- Mentors have flaws; don’t get disappointed when they show them to you.
- Plan your response to when people or situations push your buttons like commenting on weight loss/gain. NOTE: If you know me personally, I can do without the “It must be nice” comment:)
- Be intentional about who you spend time with and make time for special people in your life. I have to set a designated time frame to spend time with certain loved ones.
- Tackle fear with preparation and make the next move you know you need to, financially, educationally, personally, etc. See number 4 on failure!
I hope that you use today to reflect on the good and bad of 2012 and what can be learned from those experiences.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Rx Fitness Lady wants to know…
- What have you learned or had reinforced in 2012?’
Rx Fitness Lady
Latest posts by Rx Fitness Lady (see all)
- My Allergies Are Bothering Me, Now What? - March 29, 2017
- Learn to Say No and Stick With It - March 15, 2017
- BODYCOMBAT 70 Starts a New Age in the Les Mills Mixed Martial Arts Inspired Program - March 1, 2017