I took this past week off to celebrate my 34th birthday and to just get away from the J.O.B.. I was really blessed to spend time with my friends and family. However, today I wanted to share a few things with you that I will be focusing on before I turn 35.
In no particular order….
- HEALTH & FITNESS – Last year in August, I eliminated my bad habit of drinking Dr Pepper (sometimes 2 per day), WHOOP! That was a baby step toward a better diet but I huge step for me. This year I would like to adopt better eating habits. This year, I would like to focus on eliminating fast food eating & drinking sodas all together!
- I need a transformation due to a switch in birth control earlier this year. I love the pills but I don’t appreciate the extra weight. Therefore, I will be switching medication. That also means I will have to challenge my body a bit differently to get my physique back to my comfort zone. My plan is to incorporate some RPM classes & increase my weights in BODYPUMP!
- PERSONAL – I have a really bad habit or characteristic of wearing my expressions on my face. I can’t or don’t hide my emotions very well. The problem with this is that I’m extremely private so if I’m having a bad day, I’m not fond of people asking me questions. I have also been accused of looking mean all the time. So this year, I want to focus on smiling in spite of whatever is going on and smiling more in general.
- COMMUNITY – I want to extend my book club to obtain an outreach arm in the community. Hopefully we can operate a 3rd grade book club for girls if I can get dedication from members. I am also strongly thinking of visiting other churches. That is a very hard thing to do after being there my entire life, however I am pretty sure the change is what I need at this point in my life.
- WRITING/BLOG – I have decreased my publishing here to match my current lifestyle. I do however have a ton of drafts that I’d like to complete and publish so I am committing to a blog period on Thursdays just to write. I also have been trying to complete my first writing project, so that will be my primary focus in addition to this blog. On my vision board, there was a section dedicated to Towels & Tumblers (wellness event), I plan to see it through for the new year!
I have learned from the past that too many items on a bucket list can cause you to loose your mojo in a year! The items listed above are my focus going forward!
If you care to hear 1 of my birthday serenades…. Here you go! I had another on the voicemail from the 3 year old God son, but couldn’t figure out how to share with you!
This post concludes my birthday celebrations. Thanks for tuning in 🙂 !
Yours in Healthy, Active, & Prosperous Lifestyles,
Rx Fitness Lady wants to know…
- How do you celebrate your birthday?
- What do you do at Slumber parties?
- Have you ever been to a drag show?
- What made you join your church?
- When you need a quick meal and you’re out, where do you stop?
- Have you ever visited the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, N.C.?
Rx Fitness Lady
Latest posts by Rx Fitness Lady (see all)
- Learn to Say No and Stick With It - March 15, 2017
- BODYCOMBAT 70 Starts a New Age in the Les Mills Mixed Martial Arts Inspired Program - March 1, 2017
- How to Treat Side Bae: At Home Work Out Tips - February 15, 2017